About This Category
Places and sights from around the Earth, catalogued by location, including views and scenery natural and artificial, rural and urban, ugly and beautiful.
This gives a feel of what particular parts of the world are like.
See also Aloha Earth to zoom in on on a map of the Earth to locate exhibits, and our travel section.
- guatemala = .gt, Republic of Guatemala, República de Guatemala, "El País de la Eterna Primavera", "The Land of Eternal Spring" = Borders Mexico, the Pacific Ocean, Belize, the Caribbean Sea, Honduras and El Salvador. Adjective "Guatamalan".
- guatemala atitlan = "place of the waters" = Adjective/people "Atitecos".
- guatemala atitlan lake = Lake Atitlán = From Santiago's Web site:
Lake Atitlan is situated in an area between the coastal plains and the highlands in the Southwestern part of Guatemala, at an elevation of 5125 feet .The Lake itself has an average diameter of 24 kilometers and the maximum depth is said to be around 330 meters.
The Volcanoes that surround the lake are Toliman, Oxiqahol in the old language, or Three Sons (3,134 Meters), Atitlan, was Junc'at, or One Cargo Net (3,535 Meters), San Pedro is Nimajuyu (3,020 Meters), and Cerro de Oro, or Chejiyu (1,892 Meters ) These names are very old, as is the name for the lake; Atitlan means "place of the waters" in Nahuatl. Before the Mayan Indians came Nahuatl tribes inhabited the area.
Guatemala Atitlan Lake Atitlan 1 BG.jpg ... guatemala atitlan lake atitlan volcanoes
guatemala atitlan lake atitlan clouds ... (2)
- guatemala = .gt, Republic of Guatemala, República de Guatemala, "El País de la Eterna Primavera", "The Land of Eternal Spring"
- guatemala atitlan = "place of the waters"
- guatemala atitlan lake = Lake Atitlán