full - FREE to download and use! (c) Damon Hart-Davis
(Earth Views): England Devon Salcombe South Sands beach sea surf sand blue sky people boats rocks tide high and coming in 7 DHD.jpg
D=2012-08-29 [Aug 29, 2012]; S=5MB, 4000x3000; T=JPEG image [MIME:image/jpeg];
Key: D= file date of exhibit; S= size in bytes, XxY pixels, etc; T= type of exhibit; L= location/time or viewpoint of exhibit (if known).
- england = .uk, Inglaterra, Angleterre, Inghilterra, Albion, 英国, Royaume-Uni, UK, 51st State = Member of the UK (United Kingdom) and thus the EU (European Union). Adjective "English" or sometimes "British" or "Brit" or "pom" or "tommy" or "limey".
- england devon = "Devonshire", "Defenascire", West Country = South-western county of England, east of Cornwall. A popular sunny holiday destination for beaches and rural scenery cream teas with scones, jam and clotted cream, as for its Cornish neighbour, and with a shared history including tin (Sn) and copper (Cu) mining, and smuggling on its extensive shoreline! Uniquely in England, Devon has two separated coastlines, the Bristol Channel to the north, and the English Channel to the south. Devon's two main urban areas are Plymouth and Exeter. See the local government Web site.
- england devon salcombe = Seaside town in Devon (South Hams), close to Kingsbridge estuary/ria, built on both sides of the ria (though mainly on the steep west side), with permanent population 1,893 (as of the 2001 census) and the summer population possibly ten times that with nearly 50% second homes or holiday lets.
|light box||(Hover over thumbnail for enlarged view.)|
About This Category
Places and sights from around the Earth, catalogued by location, including views and scenery natural and artificial, rural and urban, ugly and beautiful.
This gives a feel of what particular parts of the world are like.
See also Aloha Earth to zoom in on on a map of the Earth to locate exhibits, and our travel section.
Some Similar Exhibits
| England Devon Torquay seafront promenade waves surf sand beach high tide houses hotels perched on cliffs small boats in harbour funfair tourists children sunseekers holidaymakers 13 DHD.jpg (Earth Views)|
- england = .uk, Inglaterra, Angleterre, Inghilterra, Albion, 英国, Royaume-Uni, UK, 51st State
- england devon = "Devonshire", "Defenascire", West Country
- england devon torquay = "Torbay", "English Riviera"
| England Devon Torquay views of the town harbour clock tower boats beach high and low tide tides beach huts bathing huts and out to sea 1 JR.jpg (Earth Views)|
XHTML (mobile) — Catalog Page