full - FREE to download and use! (c) Damon Hart-Davis
(Earth Views): England Isle of Wight Sandown Zoo tiger closeup 7 DHD.jpg
D=2011-09-14 [Sep 14, 2011]; S=5MB, 4000x3000; T=JPEG image [MIME:image/jpeg];
Key: D= file date of exhibit; S= size in bytes, XxY pixels, etc; T= type of exhibit; L= location/time or viewpoint of exhibit (if known).
- england = .uk, Inglaterra, Angleterre, Inghilterra, Albion, 英国, Royaume-Uni, UK, 51st State = Member of the UK (United Kingdom) and thus the EU (European Union). Adjective "English" or sometimes "British" or "Brit" or "pom" or "tommy" or "limey".
- england isle of wight = Vectis, Wiht-land, Wicht, Wict, Whyht, Wyght, Wit = A county, the largest island of England (in the English Channel), with a population of about 140,000 as of 2008. Visit the offical Web site. Residents have been known as Vectensians or Vectians (from Latin name for the island, Vectis) or Caulkheads/Corkheads.
- england isle of wight sandown zoo = This small and family-friendly zoo, a very short walk from the beach, has a special interest in tigers and lemurs. It is built within the ruins of a Victorian fort, and improbably has a tiger statue poised on the ramparts! During WWII, the Zoo stealthily housed thirteen of the sixteen Sandown PLUTO pumps used to pump fuel to France. Visit the Isle of Wight Zoo Web site.
- closeup = close-up/macro; tightly framed and imaged at a relatively large scale
|light box||(Hover over thumbnail for enlarged view.)|
About This Category
Places and sights from around the Earth, catalogued by location, including views and scenery natural and artificial, rural and urban, ugly and beautiful.
This gives a feel of what particular parts of the world are like.
See also Aloha Earth to zoom in on on a map of the Earth to locate exhibits, and our travel section.
Some Similar Exhibits
| England Isle of Wight Sandown Zoo tawny African male lion AKA Panthera leo AKA Casper the white lion 1 DHD.jpg (Earth Views)|
- england = .uk, Inglaterra, Angleterre, Inghilterra, Albion, 英国, Royaume-Uni, UK, 51st State
- england isle of wight = Vectis, Wiht-land, Wicht, Wict, Whyht, Wyght, Wit
| England Isle of Wight Sandown Zoo porcupine crested African AKA Hystrix africaeaustralis near cafe where children can get up close 1 DHD.jpg (Earth Views)|
XHTML (mobile) — Catalog Page