full - FREE to download and use! (c) Damon Hart-Davis
(Natural Science): ostrich feeding amongst bushes in Addo Elephant Park Eastern Cape South Africa video 1 DHD.mpg
D=2005-07-04 [Jul 4, 2005]; S=4MB; T=MPEG video [MIME:video/mpeg].
Key: D= file date of exhibit; S= size in bytes, XxY pixels, etc; T= type of exhibit; L= location/time or viewpoint of exhibit (if known).
- ostrich = Struthio camelus, ostriches, Vogelstrauss, Strauß, Struthioniformes, Aves, bird, ratite = Females have lighter feathers for better camoflage when incubating eggs during the day; males have black feathers to be better hidden at night. The name comes from the Greek "sparrow camel". See www.ostrichesonline.com and nature.ca for more!
- video = video/film/movie/animation or clip
About This Category
This collection is of free images/photos/pictures, sounds, videos, etc from science, technology and nature, including birds, animals and plants, and some from the fields of chemistry, physics and biology. Some exhibits that could be in here may be found in collections with a more specific remit, such as "Flowers" and "Leaves and Greenery".
This is intended to serve, in part, as a teachers' and students' resource.
See also New Scientist for the latest news, The Register's science and tech stories, the EurekAlert!/AAAS Multimedia Gallery, and BioImages - Virtual Field-Guide (UK) for scholarly info.
Also, for attempts to catalogue all known species, see: the Encyclopedia of Life, and Barcode of Life.
If you're a journo or other non-scientist and need help with a science fact or story, please consider talking to Sense About Science to help you.
Some Similar Exhibits
| South Africa Eastern Cape Addo Elephant National Park Sundowner game drive 006 ostriches ostrich flock seen in road thicket and more open grassland at twilight dusk 1 DHD.jpg (Earth Views)|
- south africa = .za, RSA, Republic of South Africa, Südafrika, África del Sur, Afrique du Sud, 南非
- south africa eastern cape = Oos-Kaap
- south africa eastern cape addo elephant national park = AENP
|ostrich in Addo Park Eastern Cape South Africa WL.jpg (Natural Science)|
- ostrich = Struthio camelus, ostriches, Vogelstrauss, Strauß, Struthioniformes, Aves, bird, ratite
XHTML (mobile) — Catalog Page